In 1946 Louise Duffney opened a corner Gin Mill at Sheridan Drive and Millersport Highway in Amherst, New York, just north of Buffalo.
It was in 1969 that the local tavern known simply as Duff's served up their first batch of chicken wings. Selling nearly 20 pounds of wings a week, Duff's began to create a name for itself and a reputation for having the best wings in Buffalo. It was around 1985 that it was established that Duff's wings were indeed famous, and the name became official. Duff’s Famous Wings in Amherst, New York still operates in the same original location.
With the abundance of Canadian visitors, Duff's Famous Wings was approached by twin brothers, Hy and Rob Erlich to bring the Buffalo wing recipe north of the border. In 1998 Duff's Famous Wings opened its first Canadian restaurant in Toronto, Ontario.
Duff's Famous Wings restaurants put the same tradition into making every batch of authentic Buffalo wings; the same tradition that was used when Louise introduced the wings in 1969.